Tips for Cutting Fabric with the Silhouette CAMEO
Cutting fabric with the Silhouette CAMEO can be easy. Start with Silhouette’s Fabric Interfacing. There are two kinds (Sewable and Clean Cut), pick the one that fits your project best. Follow these little tips to give you great results every time:
- Interfacing should be paper side up, adhesive (rough side) down on the wrong side of the fabric
- Cut the interfacing just slightly smaller than the fabric
- Work in sections when ironing your Silhouette interfacing to your fabric and press each section for 2 seconds – longer and the fabric won’t be stable enough to run through the machine properly.
- Be sure to trim excess fabric, so that the fabric is flush with the interfacing
- Allow the fabric to cool, before pulling off the paper backing
- Cotton fabrics and thin-weave canvas work best with the interfacing
- Double-cut canvas fabrics
- Speed of 3 and Thickness of 33 seem to produce the best results with cotton and thin-weave canvas fabrics
- When placing the fabric on the cutting , it goes adhesive side to the mat and make sure the white rollers don’t roll over the fabric.
Want more info? Here’s a demo video that may help you figure out more about cutting fabric with your Cameo.