Like so many of us crafters you may have drawers full of border punches and they may or may not always fit your crafting needs at a given time or for a given project – that’s when it’s time to bust out the Silhouette Cameo and create your own decorative frames and borders.
Creating your own borders can be easier than you think, take a look at these projects below and get those creative juices flowing.
- This blog post from Silhouette America shows you how to cut a beautiful border around your 12×12 pages as well as giving you ideas for borders and frames and where you can find them to create your own projects at home.
- Daniela Dobson at Create Your Everyday Memories shows you how to create beautiful pages with borders she created. These borders can be downloaded for personal use so you can start having fun with them right away!
- Joy’s Life has created this super quick and easy tutorial for double sided borders using your Silhouette Studio software.
- Sketch Cuts shows you how to create scalloped and stamp edges on these darling cards. These edges would look great on scrapbook pages or cards.
- This tutorial shows you how to make a beautiful yet easy lattice framed by a great border take a look and create these for your next card or scrapbook layout:
- This quick two minute video shows you how to create borders and compound paths. You’ll be designing your own borders in no time at all.
Using these tips and techniques you can now add great frames and borders to your projects. All you need is a little creativity and your Silhouette Cameo.