There are a lot of things to consider in making those perfectly beautiful cuts using your Silhouette Cameo. The cut settings vary depending on the material you use and the thickness of that material and it can all get confusing, especially if you are using multiple materials for various projects.
The projects below will help you determine your cut settings depending on material. So now you’ll be able to easily determine cut speed and blade settings thus being able to focus on creating.
- This post from Globug Ideas helps diagnose problems you may be having getting the perfect cut. Here you will find help in determining speed and blade settings depending on material and intricacy of the cut.
- AboveRubiesStudio.com shows you how easy it is to cut vinyl using your Silhouette Cameo in this video. Tips and tricks for cut and blade settings are included.
- If you are interested in cutting fabric visit this post by Grosgrain which discusses the perfect cut settings to use and how they may not be the same as those suggested by your machine.
- Cutting felt can be tricky but this post by Rhinestic’s Knick Knacks talks about the speed, thickness and blade settings for getting a great cut using your Silhouette Cameo and felt.
- Felted Chicken also tackles cutting felt using the Silhouette Cameo in this post.
- Are you feeling brave and creative? Looking to try cutting chipboard? Joy’s Life put together this post showing you how easy and fun it can be to cut shapes using cereal boxes!
Armed with the above helpful hints of decoding cut settings for the Silhouette Cameo based on material you are ready to get cutting and creating!